22.214.171.124.1. Installing DokuWiki
- Download from official site on your PC an archive with the distribution of the latest version of DokuWiki.
- Place the distribution files on the hosting:
- Through filemanager or any FTPclient upload the archive to hosting in root directory preliminarily added site.
- Unpack downloaded archive with filemanager.
- Move the entire contents of the subdirectory
dokuwikiin root directory.
Open the file
install.php in the browser by clicking on a link like
http://example.com/install.php, and fill in all the fields for further installation:
- "Choose your language" — select the language used for the installation and further configuration of DokuWiki.
- "Wiki name" — specify the name that will be displayed in the title of the tabs and on the pages.
- "Superuser" — specify the name of the user who will be the main site administrator.
- "Full name" — specify the real name of the administrator.
- "Email address" — specify the mailbox to be used for the business purposes of the site.
- "Password" — enter the password for the superuser.
- "repeat" — repeat the previously entered password.
- "Original access rights policy" — a set of access rules using the module ACL in DokuWiki, which describes the principles of further work. The following options are available:
- "Open wiki" — any user can change / create / delete articles without prior registration or authorization.
- "Public wiki" — any user can change / create / delete articles only after logging into his account, any unregistered user can read articles.
- "Closed wiki" — The DokuWiki website will only be available after registration and authorization.
- "Allow users to self-register" — check if site users should be able to self—register.
- "Please select a license type for your wiki" — select the required license type to use DokuWiki.
- Clickon "Save" and check the site.