126.96.36.199.1. Installing October
- Download from official site on your PC an archive with the distribution of the latest version of October.
- Place the distribution files on the hosting:
- Through filemanager or any FTPclient upload the archive to hosting in root directory preliminarily added site.
- Unpack downloaded archive with filemanager.
- Move the entire contents of the subdirectory
install-masterin root directory.
- Prepare the database:
- Open the site in a browser by adding to its address
- Step 1... Make sure that in the list of requirements there is a green checkmark next to all items, read the license and accept it by clicking "Agree & Continue".
- Step 2... Fill the form:
- Specify your database connection settings and click "Administrator >":
- "Database Type" - leave "MySQL".
- "MySQL Host" - instead of
localhostindicate host (server) address databases.
- "MySQL Port" - leave the standard port
- "Database Name" — specify title Database.
- "MySQL Login" — specify Username (login) Database.
- "MySQL Password" — specify user password Database.
- Enter the administrator details (they will be used to access the site's admin panel) and click "Continue":
- "First Name" — name.
- "Last Name" — surname.
- "Email Address" - mail.
- "Admin Login" — login.
- "Admin Password" and "Confirm Password" - password.
- Step 3... Click on the desired installation option:
- "Start from scratch" — clean install without any plugins and themes.
- "Start from a theme" — installation with one of the ready—made themes to choose from.
- "Use a project ID" - installation of a finished project by its ID.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Make sure the files have been removed from the root directory of the site
install_files... If they are still present, remove them yourself.
- Check the site is working.