Attention!PHP-FPM is only available on businesshosting.
PHP—FPM (FastCGI Process Manager) is an alternative implementation of FastCGI mode in PHP. In conjunction with nginx, it provides a higher request processing speed than the default nginx + Apache bundle.
Features of work
- Can be used PHP version not lower than 7.0.
- .Htaccess rules don't apply.
- PHP-FPM processes are constantly running and consume memory, which is counted in the hosting account quota. With a large number of concurrent requests, a large amount of RAM may be required.
- PHP only processes files with the extension
- The standard index file is
index.php... For comparison: on request to
/html/Apache will return the contents of the file
/html/index.htmlif it exists, and PHP-FPM in such a situation will return a 403 error if the directory
/html/exists, or will send a request to
/html/does not exist. When choosing configuration PHP-FPM "Dokuwiki" the standard index file will be
- Routes are configured as follows:
- If the call goes to a specific file with the extension
.php— this file is launched (for example, a request to
/path/test.phpruns the file
/path/test.phpif no such file exists — an error is returned "File not found").
- If the call goes to URL existing directory — starts
index.phpfrom that directory (for example, a request to
/wp-admin/runs the file
index.phpnot in directory — error 403 is returned).
- All other requests are redirected to
/index.php(requested URL will be available in
After changing the web server to PHP-FPM, it becomes possible to select one of the available configuration options:
- "Wordpress" — currently the same as "Default"... Perhaps, special settings will be added in the future.
- "Opencart" — CNC support in format OpenCart.
- "Dokuwiki" — index file
index.php, support for CNC format DokuWiki, blocking access to directories
- "ModX" — CNC support in format MODX.
- "Moodle" — support URL ofthekind
- "PrestaShop" — Support for CNC format PrestaShop.
- Check out peculiarities of work PHP-FPM and make sure your site respects them.
- Openup site settings.
- For parameter "Web server " set the switch opposite "PHP-FPM", against "PHP-FPM configuration" select the one you want configuration and at the bottom of the page click "Save":
- Wait approximately 10-15 minutes for the changes to take effect.