2.23.2. Supported technologies
The main technologies on shared hosting are PHP and MySQL... For information on support for various PHP modules, see here.
- Web server:
- Apache — used by default (see also .htaccess).
- PHP — versions from 4.4 to 8.1.
- MySQL — versions 5.7 and 8.0 (version 8.0 only on businesshosting).
- Python — versions 2.7, 3.3 and 3.6 (limited support).
- Perl — version 5 (limited support).
- SQLite - version 3.
- Various libraries and utilities
- On a regular hosting — you can only host a ready—made compiled application, which is a set of static files HTML/CSS/JS.
- On businesshosting — you can host both a ready—made compiled application and an application that requires Node.js and npm to run.
- ASP.NET - can only be used on dedicated server without our administration under Windows OS.
- Django, Flask and other Python frameworks.
- The storage engine is FEDERATED.
- Next.js — there are not enough libraries in the hosting distribution to execute the command
build, plus the framework does not support running a web server via Unix sockets — it converts the port value to a numeric value.
- PostgreSQL — you can only connect to third—party databases using PHP module (available by default).
Projects requiring the listed technologies and Linux OS to run can only be hosted on VPS or dedicated server without our administration. ASP.NET requires Windows OS and can only be used on a dedicated server without our administration. The servers are provided with full access and all software must be installed and configured on your own.