220.127.116.11.3. Setting up FTP connection in FileZilla
The article describes the procedure for connecting to hosting by FTP by using FTP-client FileZilla.
Make sure the following requirements are met:
- The IP from which the connection will be made has been added to the list of allowed in FTP security settings.
- At least 15-30 minutes have passed since the IP was added to the allowed list.
- "Protocol" - select "FTP - File transfer protocol".
- "Host" - specify host from FTP connection data.
- "Port" - specify the port
- "Encryption" - select an encryption option:
- "Use explicit FTP via TLS if available".
- "Demand FTP via TLS (explicit)".
- "Demand FTP via TLS (implicit)".
- "Use normal FTP (unsafe)" — recommended if there are problems using the previous options.
- "Login type" — select "Normal".
- "User " — specify the login from FTP connection data.
- "Password" — specify FTP user password.
- If a warning about an unknown certificate is displayed, it means that encryption was used during the connection (FTP via TLS) and the certificate is missing from the FileZilla cache (this is typical for the first connection) or has changed (for example, due to the transfer of the hosting account to another server). To prevent a warning from being displayed every time you connect, check the box next to "Always accept a certificate in future sessions" and "Trust this certificate from the list of additional hosts"... To connect, click "OK":