126.96.36.199.1. Setting up FTP connection in Total Commander
The article describes the procedure for connecting to hosting by FTP using the file manager Total Commander.
Make sure the following requirements are met:
- The IP from which the connection will be made has been added to the list of allowed in FTP security settings.
- At least 15-30 minutes have passed since the IP was added to the allowed list.
- "Connection name" - specify an arbitrary name for the connection. For example, the name of the site, user FTP or hosting account.
- "Server [:Port]" - specify host from FTP connection data... Since the connection is on a standard port
21, it can be omitted.
- "SSL/TLS" - check the box to use encryption. In case of connection problems, uncheck the box to use a regular connection without encryption.
- "Account" — specify the login from FTP connection data.
- "Password" — specify FTP user password.
- "Passive exchange mode (like a web browser)" - be sure to check the box.
- Turnon binary data transfer mode.