18.104.22.168. FTP connection using Windows
Through the command line
Warning!Due to the fact that the ftp program in Windows can only work in an active connection mode (when the server sends requests to the client), the connection via FTP from the command line is available only for devices with a public "white " IP-address and for which the firewall is disabled or appropriately configured (to accept requests on the ports used when FTP-connection).
- Open command prompt: press combination Win+R, in the window that appears, enter
cmdand press Enter or "OK".
- Run the command:
- Open a new connection by running the command:
example.ftp.toolsspecify host from FTP connection data.
- Open File Explorer via "This computer" or by pressing the combination Win+E.
- In field "Network address or Internet address" specify the server address in the form
ftp://example.ftp.toolswhere instead of
example.ftp.toolsspecify host from FTP connection data, and press "Next":
- Uncheck the box opposite "Anonymous login", in field "User " and specify the login from FTP connection data and press "Next":
- Enter an arbitrary name for the connection.
- Complete the setup by following the instructions. When opening the added resource to request a password, enter FTP user password.