2.6.7. Temporary FTP access to a specific directory
Warning!It is unsafe to delimit access in this way. If the directory accessed by FTP, is also available via HTTP, you can enter it via FTP download the script and execute it over HTTP - in this case, limiting the root directory FTP will not work. This feature should be used solely for convenience. Complete isolation can only be achieved by hosting the site in a separate hosting account.
Sometimes it may be necessary to provide a third party (for example, a website developer or a third-party specialized specialist) with temporary access not to the entire contents of the hosting account, but only to a specific directory (for example, the directory of a specific site or subdomain, without access to neighboring sites of the hosting account ).
- Create new user FTP and in its additional settings, specify the path to the desired directory:
- For access to directories of the main domain and subdomains specify only the name of the site (for example,
- For access only to the directory of the main domain specify the name of the site and a subdirectory separated by a slash
- For access only to the directory of a specific domain specify the name of the site and the name of the subdomain separated by a slash (for example,
- Credentials for connection ofthis FTP- provide the user (host, login and password) to the person for whom access was created.
- If access restriction by FTP, add the IP of the person to whom access is granted to list of allowed.
Having the data for connection, the third party will be able to connect via FTP with the help of any FTP-client, for example FileZilla, WinSCP or Total Commander.
- If access restriction by FTP, remove the IP of the person who was given access from list of allowed... If access restriction is disabled, it is recommended to enable it.