184.108.40.206. Create FTP user
Attention!For security reasons, FTP user passwords are not stored on the hosting. If you forget your password, you can only install new. We recommend saving passwords in specialized password managers, for example Bitwarden.
- Open the section "FTP users".
- At the top of the section, click "Add FTP user".
- "Login" — Specify the FTP username. The name always starts with a prefix containing hosting account nameto which he is attached. The prefix is displayed in green in front of the input field and is not available for editing.
- "Password" — enter the FTP user password manually or generate it automatically by clicking "Random".
- "Access directory" — specify the path to the directory to which this FTP user should have access. The path is set from the FTP root. Use this setting if you want to grant access only to the directory of a specific site without access to other sites in the hosting account. Note The field supports autocomplete on click Tab. IDNs can be entered both in normal form and in punycode. Symlinks in tooltips are ignored.
- "Only for reading" — check the box if you want the FTP user to be able to only view the contents of the FTP, but not be able to make changes.