2.25.2. Analysis of logs in Apache Log Viewer
Apache Log Viewer —— program for viewing and analyzing logs web server. It is designed for Windows, but can also run on Linux and macOS under Wine... The free version has only basic features. Advanced functionality becomes available only after purchasing a license.
To analyze logs in Apache Log Viewer, you need them first download.
Main window appearance
- "Add Access Log" — opening Access—log. When opened in a block "Choose the log format" you need to choose a format
Combined... If necessary, you can additionally specify a specific period of time.
- "Add Error Log" - opening the Error-log. When opened in a block "Choose the log format" you need to choose a format
Apache 2.4.x... If necessary, you can additionally specify a specific period of time.
- "Append Access Log" — adding a log to the current one. Allows you to combine several logs into one.
- "Close Log" - closing the current log.
- "Split Log File" — splitting one large log into several small ones.
- "Export List - export of the current log.
- "Export Selected" - export of selected lines of the current log.
- "Clear Selection" - removal of selection from log lines.
- "Count Selection" — counting the number of selected log lines.
- "Toggle Selection" — invert selection.
- "Find…" — search by request, date, IP—address, Referer and / or User—Agent.
- "Find Next…" - continuation of the search.
- "Find All" — search for all matches.
- "Count List" - counting the total number of lines in the log.
- "IP Address to Country" — determination of the country by IP—address.
- "IP Address to Host" — definition of a host by IP—address.
- "Highlight" - highlighting data according to certain criteria:
- "Apply Highlight" - setting the backlight for specific IP addresses.
- "Clear Highligh" — turn off the backlight.
- "Preferences" - program settings.
- "Report Source: [Filtered Data]" - determines on the basis of what the report will be formed - all data from the log or only filtered data.
- "UserAgent → UserAgent" - formation of a pie chart based on data about the User-Agent of visitors.
- "Hits each Day" - formation of a schedule based on the number of hits per day.
- "Visits by Country → Visits by Country" - formation of a pie chart based on data about the countries of visitors.
- "Geo Country Visits" - formation of a world map with the marked countries of visitors.
- "Statistics Source: [Filtered Data]" — determines on the basis of what statistics will be formed — all data from the log or only filtered data.
- "Hits" - formation of statistics on the number of hits per day.
- "Bandwidth" - formation of statistics on the amount of data transferred (in bytes) per day.
- "Top → Top 4xx Requests (URLs)" — generating statistics on pages, when accessing which the server returned a response code
4xx, and the number of such requests.