220.127.116.11.10. Automatic deletion of old emails in Outlook
Attention!Deleted emails cannot be recovered. These settings should be used judiciously, given the fact that there are important emails.
In the mail client Outlook 2013, you can configure the automatic deletion of messages that are older than a certain period.
To configure autoarchive and delete old emails, do the following:
- Open the section "File → Options".
- Go to section "More" and in the section "Autoarchive" click "Configuring AutoArchive…":
- In the window that opens, set the autoarchive parameters and click "OK":
- "Autoarchive every" — specify the interval for automatic archiving of letters.
- Check the box next to "archive or delete old items".
- "Delete items older" — specify the desired storage period for letters. All messages older than the specified period will be moved to a separate folder and compressed or deleted (depending on the choice of the next option).
- "Delete old items permanently" — a parameter indicating the complete deletion of old messages without the possibility of their recovery.