22.214.171.124. Moving mailboxes
You can transfer a site with mailboxes attached to it (along with letters in them) using the function automatic transfer... This is the easiest and fastest option.
If your original hosting account only contains the site you want to migrate, you can use transfer of rights... In this case, the entire hosting account will be automatically transferred to the new owner, including the mailboxes located on it with all their contents.
Moving a site from one hosting account to another is performed by instruction... Since this will delete the mailboxes, before deleting the site from the old hosting account, you must take care of saving the letters.
To transfer mailboxes using Thunderbird email client, do the following:
- Connect the Thunderbird mail client to the existing mailboxes hosted in the old hosting account using the IMAP protocol. Connection instructions are presented here.
- Create local folders in Thunderbird for each of the connected mailboxes (you need to create several folders so that messages from different mailboxes are not mixed).
- Move letters from the corresponding mailbox to each of the local folders.
- Transfer the site to a new hosting account using the instructions provided above.
- In the new hosting account, create boxes with the same names as in the old one.
- In Thunderbird, delete old mailboxes and connect to new ones using IMAP.
- Transfer letters from local folders to the connected new mailboxes.
In general, the described actions are similar to those from this instructions.
This method is suitable if at least one site has already been added to the new hosting account in the section "My sites".
To migrate mailboxes using the hosted built-in mail import function, do the following:
- In a new hosting account for any of the already added sites create temporary mailboxes for intermediate placement of letters.
- Order the import of letters to these temporary mailboxes from the existing mailboxes of the old hosting account using the import function in the section "Mailboxes".
- Transfer site to a new hosting account.
- In a new hosting account create boxes with the same names as in the old one.
- Order the import of letters to new mailboxes from temporary mailboxes using the import function in the section "Mailboxes".
- Remove temporary boxes if you don't need them.