2.3.21. Site access logs (Access log)
Site access logs (Access logs) are logs of absolutely all requests to the site that have reached our web server. They are in the section «Hosting → My sites → Site access logs»:
When using traffic filtering services, for example Cloudflare or Deflect, it is not always possible to quickly track whether filtering is enabled or disabled, so the log may contain not real IP addresses of visitors, but addresses of filtering services. To force the update of information about the filtering service in our system, click on the button with the name of the filtering service used opposite «Automatically detected traffic filtering service»:
After pressing the button, new requests will be recorded with real IP addresses. Old entries in the log will remain unchanged.
All requests to the site are recorded in nginx access log. On businesshosting there is an additional log - FPM access log. It contains requests coming to the site when in site settings selected as the web server PHP-FPM. On regular hosting, only the general nginx access log is available.
Date and filters
- Logs are only stored for the current and 4 previous months, and only for those days when there were requests to the sites. Older logs are not kept.
- Current date on the calendar always available, regardless of whether there are entries in the log or not.
- If there is no log for yesterday in the calendar, then logs for this day still being processed and will become available later (usually closer to the second half of the day).
Calendar. Designed to select the day for which the log will be displayed. On the calendar:
- Lightgreen the days for which logs are available are marked.
- Darkgreen marked the day for which the log is displayed.
- Red frame the current date is marked.
Time filter. Allows you to view the log not for the whole day, but for the selected time period.
Search. Allows you to filter requests by the HTTP method and the presence of certain text in them.
Download. Download buttons:
- «Download per day» — downloads the log for the date selected in the calendar.
- «Download for month» – downloads the log for the month to which the date selected in the calendar belongs. Note Only for nginx access log. Attention! The log for the current month includes only the days that have passed (that is, all days since the beginning of the month, except the current).
- When enabled protection from bots the log will contain the associated GET and POST requests.
- After execution technical check of the site or clearing the PageSpeed cache our IP 126.96.36.199 can be found in the logs. This is due to the fact that in order to perform these actions, our server needs to make a request to the site.
- As a result of the work of the system for creating screenshots for the section «My sites» logs may contain requests with User-Agent
adm.tools screenshot tools.
- «Time» - request time.
- «IP» — The IP address from which the request was made. Addresses that restricted access, output in red. Note By clicking on the address, requests will be automatically filtered by this IP.
- «Request» - the request itself. In the request:
GET— request method.
HTTP/1.0"— version of the used HTTP protocol.
200— server response code for this request.
12345— length of the server response to the request in bytes.
"https://www.google.com/"— Request source URL.
"Mozilla/5.0 (XXXXXX) XXXXXX— User—Agent of the visitor.
- 🚫 — adds an IP address to the list access restrictions and turns on the mode «Allow access to site for everyone, deny access only for IPs below».