2.3.23. PHP mail log
- Only sending emails using the PHP function are saved in the logs mail.
- The log displays only successful calls to the function without errors. If an error occurs when calling the function, this information will be displayed in PHP error log.
- Logs are stored for only one day, it is not possible to view logs for previous days.
- The log contains only information about the script within which the sending was made, and additional headers, the text of the letter cannot be obtained.
- It is impossible to download letters that correspond to the entries in the log.
- "Recording " — each entry in the log is not divided into separate columns or parameters and is displayed in one line, but it can be conditionally parsed for convenience:
DD-Mes-YYYY— date of entry in the log. Indicated in English in the format "DaymonthYear".
HH:MM:SS— time of recording in the log. Specified in the format "hour:minute:second".
TimeZone— time zone, which corresponds to the entry from the log. Indicated in English. For a server in Ukraine, the value will be indicated as "Europe/Kiev".
mail() on [/home/example/example.com/www/script.php:XX]— the path to the file
/home/example/example.com/www/script.phpand line number
:ХХwhere an attempt was noticed to send a letter using the PHP mail function.
To: firstname.lastname@example.org— the recipient's mailbox, which was specified in the header
Headers:— additional headers specified when sending the letter.
Subject:— the subject of the letter to be sent.