2.7.7. Temporary access to a specific database
Sometimes it may be necessary to provide a third party (for example, a website developer or a third-party specialized specialist) with temporary access to a specific database.
- Create a new user for the database to which you want to grant access.
- Data to connect to the database under this user (host, database name, username and password), provide the person for whom access was created.
- If restricting access to MySQL is enabled, add the IP of the person to whom access is granted to list of allowed.
Having the data to connect, the third party will be able to connect to the database using any MySQL client, for example phpMyAdmin or HeidiSQL.
- Delete created user or change his password.
- If limiting access to MySQL is enabled, remove the IP of the person who was granted access from list of allowed... If access restriction is disabled, it is recommended to enable it.