2.18.4. The site is blocked by the browser as containing dangerous software
Attention!Hosting.XYZ LTD has nothing to do with blocking websites or domains within programs Google SafeBrowsing, Netcraft, PhishTank and others.
Most modern browsers use updated online lists of fraudulent sites: resources containing phishing or content dangerous for visitors' software (viruses). The reason for adding a site to these lists is usually fraudulent content, but false hits are also possible.
If your site is flagged as fraudulent, you need to first understand the reasons for adding to the lists and take steps to remove inappropriate content. Lists of fraudulent sites are periodically updated and if malicious content is removed from your site, it will soon be removed from the lists. However, to speed up the process, you can remove the site yourself from these lists.
Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- If you are unable to verify your domain in Google Search Console, then you should visit the Google Support Forum to resolve this situation. Unfortunately, there are no universal instructions for this service, due to the specifics of the problem.
- The domain can be blocked by the domain zone registry. Hosting.XYZ LTD does not perform such blocking and cannot influence it.
- Blocking a site or domain can significantly affect search results or site rankings. If a problem occurs, you should take steps to eliminate it as soon as possible.
- You can quickly check the current status of the site at dedicated page.
- Detailed information is available in google help center.
These browsers use Google SafeBrowsing API... To unblock Google, follow these steps:
- In Google Search Console open security issue report.
- Read the data from the report and eliminate it on your site all comments from the report.
- In Google Search Console, request a re-verification and wait for its results. If the Google check does not find any problems on your site, the block will be removed within 1-2 days.
Fake site protection uses data provided by resources Netcraft and PhishTank, and protection against malicious code is provided by TRUSTe... If your site is flagged as fraudulent by one of the listed resources, Opera will display a corresponding error indicating the list of resources where your site is listed. You need to follow the link and follow the further instructions.
If the filter SmartScreen recognizes your site as fraudulent, to remove the site from the blacklists, click in the warning window «Report no threats on this site» («Report that this site does not contain threats») to go to the Microsoft Feedback website and follow the instructions.
You can also check your site through servicewhich is a partner of such companies as Google, PayPal, Mozilla, AOL, Trend Micro, Sunbelt Software. This service collects messages about potentially dangerous sites from its partners.
Físhing (English phishing, from password — password and fishing — fishing, fishing) is a type of Internet fraud, the purpose of which is to gain access to confidential user data — logins, passwords or account numbers. This is achieved by conducting mass mailings of emails on behalf of popular resources, for example, on behalf of social networks, banks and other services. The letter often contains a direct link to a site that is outwardly indistinguishable from the real one. Once on such a site, the user can provide fraudsters with valuable information that allows them to gain access to accounts and bank accounts.
Also phishing — this is one of the types of social engineering based on users' ignorance of the basics of network security: in particular, many do not know a simple fact — services do not send letters with requests to provide their credentials, password, etc.
To protect against phishing, the manufacturers of the major Internet browsers have agreed to use the same methods of informing users that they have opened a suspicious site that may belong to scammers. At the moment, many popular browsers have this feature, which is appropriately named «anti-phishing».