2.17.3. Automatic site transfer between hosting accounts
Attention!The system for transferring sites between hosting accounts acts only as an assistant and does not guarantee that the site will work after the operation is completed.
With the automatic transfer system, you can do the following:
- Copy the entire contents of the directory of the selected site or any of its subdirectories from one hosting account to another.
- Copy the contents of the selected Database from one hosting account to the database of another.
Migration options can be used in different combinations — for example, you can copy the contents of a site directory or the contents of a database without transferring the site itself (virtual host and mailboxes).
For a complete site transfer between hosting accounts, you need to check everything — hosts, catalogs and database. After the site is transferred, be sure to correct your database connection settings in its config file. If this is not done, the site will remain connected to the database in the old hosting account, which can lead to problems in its operation and the inability to use rebuilding databases from an automatic backup in case of loss of connection with the previous owner of the site.
- The size of the site or database to be transferred must not exceed 50 GB. If the volume is larger, you can either reduce it by transferring part of the data manually, or use manual transfer.
- You can transfer sites without restrictions only between hosting accounts of regular and business hosting.
- For Managed Dedicated hosting accounts, automatic migration is only available to Managed Dedicated hosting accounts hosted on the same server. In all other cases, the site transfer must be performed manually.
- If the site you are migrating is running on dedicated IP, then during the transfer, the dedicated address will not be transferred, since it is tied to the hosting account, and not to the site. After transferring to a new hosting account, if necessary, you will need to order a new dedicated IP.
- If the site uses symbolic links (symlinks), after transferring them, you must re-create.
- Automatic transfer is only possible between active hosting accounts of the sender and recipient, which have not expired.
- In chapter "Hosting" in the menu on the left click "Site transfer":
- Specify which site and where you want to transfer, and click "Further":If the site needs to be transferred between hosting accounts within one account, specify the following:
If the site needs to be transferred to a hosting account located in another user's account, specify the following:
- "Transfer to another user" - make sure the checkbox is unchecked.
- "Site" — select the site you want to transfer.
- "Recipient's hosting account" - select hosting account namewhere you want to transfer the site.
- "Transfer to another user" - check the box.
- "Site" — select the site you want to transfer.
- "Recipient ID" - specify Account ID the recipient (you need to check it with the recipient).
- "Recipient's hosting account" - specify hosting account namewhere you want to transfer the site (you need to check with the recipient).
- "Transfer virtual hosts and mailboxes" — check the box if you want to transfer virtual hosts (sites and subdomains added in the section "My sites") and attached to them mailboxes (along with letters in them).
- "Copy file structure" - check the box if you want to copy the entire contents of the directory of the selected site or any of its subdirectories. If the checkbox is checked, additionally specify:
- The path to the directory in the source hosting account whose data you want to copy. If you need to copy the entire contents of the directory, leave the field blank.
- The path to the directory in the target hosting account where you want to copy the contents of the source directory. The directory specified must be empty or nonexistent. When copied, it will be created automatically. If you want to keep the same structure as the original site, specify the same as specified in the path to the directory in the original hosting account (if it was empty, also leave it empty).
- "Copy database" - check the box if you want to copy the contents of the selected Database... If the checkbox is checked, additionally specify:
- The name of the database in the original hosting account to copy the contents of. You can find out which database a site is using by looking at the database connection settings in its configuration file.
- The name of the database in the target hosting account where you want to copy the contents of the source database. You need to specify the name of a database that does not exist yet. When copied, it will be created automatically.
- If the site is transferred to a hosting account in another user's account, inform this user to confirm the operation on their part. To do this, he needs to open the section in his account "Site transfer", switch to tab "Incoming requests" and press "Accept":Also, the system will send the recipient an automatic message about the incoming transfer request — it will be displayed on the recipient when entering the control panel, will appear in the section "Posts" and on account mail a notification will be sent.
- Wait for the operation to complete.
- Important! In the hosting account where the site was transferred, be sure to correct your connection settings to the database in its config file. If your site uses absolute paths, correct them. The path to the site directory should look like
/home/user/example.com/wwwwhere instead of
usershould be specified hosting account nameand instead of
example.com/www— path to site files (instructions: WordPress, Joomla!, OpenCart).
- Check the site is working.