2.9.3. Setting up a redirect to HTTP / HTTPS
If the site is tied to the address or protocol used, then the redirect setting must be done in it. Additional inclusion of redirection in the control panel can lead to endless redirects and problems with the display of the site. For some popular CMS we have instructions for setting up to work over HTTPS:
To set up a redirect, do the following:
- Set the radio button next to the desired option:
- Either in site settings:
- Either in SSL settings:
- "Disabled" - no redirect will be performed from the hosting side. The site will be available simultaneously via HTTP and HTTPS.
- "Redirect requests from https to http" - for all requests to the site via the HTTPS protocol from the hosting side, the 301st redirect to the same address with the HTTP protocol will be performed.
- "Redirect requests from http to https" - for all requests to the site via the HTTP protocol from the hosting side, the 301st redirect to the same address with the HTTPS protocol will be performed.
- Wait approximately 10-15 minutes for the changes to take effect.