184.108.40.206. Setting up a DNS service in Vesta
Warning!If an error occurs when working with the Vesta panel "Error: DNS_SYSTEM is not enabled", then you should run DNS server setup.
For settings DNS-service and direction of the necessary domains to their own DNS-server do the following:
- Create child NS registered domain and send them to VPS IP address.
- Open the Vesta control panel.
- Switch to tab "DNS" and click on the green button "+":
- Fill in the fields and click "Add" ("Add"):
- "Domain" ("Domain") — specify the domain for which the child NS were created.
- "IP address" ("IP address") — specify VPS IP address.
- In the tab "DNS" click "Edit" opposite the domain that will be used as NS:
- In field "Template" choose "child-ns" and press "Save":
- Go to the menu "Packages":
- Edit the standard template by clicking "Edit" next to the template with the title "default":
- At the bottom of the page in the margins "Name Servers" specify the previously created child servers and click "Save" ("Save"):
- All domains added to the Vesta control panel will already be configured on these NSs by default. Previously added domains will need to be configured manually.
Installing a DNS Server
To install and configure DNS-service in the Vesta panel, do the following:
- Connect to the server via SSH with root rights.
- Install DNS-server Bind by executing the command for the appropriate OS:
- For CentOS:
yum install bind bind-utils -y
- For Debian / Ubuntu:
apt-get install -y bind9
- Complete the Vesta configuration file in any of the following ways:
- By editing the file manually:
After opening the editor, you need to add the line
- By inserting the line automatically at the end of the file with the command:
echo "DNS_SYSTEM='bind9'" >> /usr/local/vesta/conf/vesta.conf
- Check the work DNS-service in the Vesta panel.