2.3.14. Access limitation
Adding IP to the list
- Only valid IPv4 and IPv6 IP addresses are added to the list. Invalid ones are ignored.
- CIDR subnets can be added with any mask.
- For the convenience of calculating subnets, you can use onlinecalculator.
- Clickon "Add to" in the block above the IP list.
- "Add IP to the list" — adds your current IP to the list.
- "Add the entire network to the list" - adds to the list the subnet of your current provider in CIDR format.
- "IP List" - here you can manually specify single addresses and subnets in CIDR format. Each address is on a new line.
- Wait approximately 15 minutes for the changes to take effect.
IP list and operating modes
- "Allow access to site for everyone, deny access only for IPs below" — the site will be accessible from all addresses except those indicated in the list — they will receive answer 403.
- "Deny access to site for everyone, allow access only for IPs below" - the site will be available only from the addresses specified in the list, everyone else will receive answer 403.
There are two ways to remove an IP from the list:
- For removing single addresses use the delete button ❌ opposite the address in the list.
- For removing ofall check all the lines in the IP list and click "Delete selected".
Restriction by country
At the top of the block is a switch for operating modes:
- "Allow everyone to access the site, block users from the following countries" — the site will be available to everyone, except for visitors from the countries indicated in the list — they will receive answer 403.
- "Deny access to the site for everyone, open access only to users from the following countries" — the site will be available only to visitors from the countries specified in the list, the rest will receive answer 403.
Checkbox "Do not block bots" — allows you to skip requests from trusted bots. The check is performed by User—Agent. The list of trusted bots can be viewed in the tooltip when hovering over the icon ℹ️.
At the bottom is a customizable list of countries. To select countries, expand the drop-down list and click on the names of the required countries. To remove restrictions, click the cross to the right of the name of the previously selected country.