2.3.14. Access limitation
Site access restriction management is performed in the section "Hosting → My sites → Access restriction":
IP Access Restriction
The block is intended for setting up restriction of access to the site for visitors with different IP addresses or address ranges.
- "Allow access to everyone except the specified addresses" — the site will be available to everyone, except for visitors with the addresses specified in the list — they will receive answer 403.
- "Allow access only from specified addresses" - the site will be available only to visitors with the addresses specified in the list, the rest will receive answer 403.
- Only valid IPv4 and IPv6 IP addresses are added to the list. Invalid ones are ignored.
- Subnets in CIDR format can be added with a mask of any length.
- For the convenience of calculating subnets, you can use onlinecalculator.
- Click "Add IP".
- Add addresses to the list and click "Save":
- "Add IP to the list" — adds your current IP address to the list.
- "Add the entire network to the list" - adds to the list the subnet of your current provider in CIDR format.
- "IP List" - here you can manually specify single addresses and subnets in CIDR format. Each address is on a new line.
- Wait approximately 15 minutes for the changes to take effect.
Access restriction by country
The block is designed to restrict access to the site for visitors from different countries.
- "Allow access to everyone except specified countries" — the site will be available to everyone, except for visitors from the countries specified in the list — they will receive answer 403.
- "Allow access only from specified countries" — the site will be available only to visitors from the countries specified in the list, the rest will receive answer 403.
Option "Do not block bots" allows skipping requests from trusted bots. The check is performed by User-Agent. The list of trusted bots can be viewed in the tooltip when hovering over the icon ℹ️.
To add countries, expand the drop-down list and click on the names of the required countries. To remove restrictions, click ✖️ next to the name of the previously selected country.