2.2.1. Dedicated IP for hosting
PaymentOn all hosting tariffs, the service is paid daily with personal balance.
By default, all sites of the hosting account run on a shared IP. In order for a site or several sites to work on a separate IP, you can order a dedicated IP.
- Available only IPv4 addresses. IPv6 addresses are not provided.
- Available only Ukrainian addresses and only for hosting accounts located in Ukraine. If the hosting account is hosted in another country, then to order a dedicated IP you will need it change.
- Addresses are distributed automatically. Before ordering, you can view the list of available addresses and choose the desired one from them.
- All ordered addresses will be from the same subnet. You cannot get a dedicated IP from another subnet.
- Dedicated IP:
- Binds to a hosting account. You can connect to any sites within the hosting account.
- Can I order any number of addresses for one hosting account.
- Can't be transferred between hosting accounts.
- Dedicated IP:
- You can connect to one or more sites within the same hosting account.
- Cannot be installed for aliases. Can only be used for main domain and subdomains.
- Site technical check does not take into account allocated IPs, so it can report that the address record is configured incorrectly, although this is not the case.
- If the domain is served on third-party NS, you need to make changes to its settings not with us, but in the owner's panel of these NS.
- Openup site settings.
- In field "IPaddress" select the dedicated IP from the list and set it instead of the general one:After setting a dedicated IP, an additional option will appear "This site handles direct requests to a dedicated IP address", which can be enabled if the site should accept requests not only by domain name, but also directly by IP (it is better not to enable the option without explicit need):
- Disable IPv6 autoconfiguration.
- Openup domain settings.
- Edit address records of type A and in the field "Data" specify the set dedicated IP for them:
- Delete in the AAAA record domain settings (if any).
- Wait for the update DNS cache... This usually takes several hours (maximum 24).
- Check the site is working.
After order dedicated IP, all outgoing connections from the hosting account via IPv4 will come from the dedicated IP instead of the direct address of the server.
It is important to take into account that when sending a request not to an IP address, but to a domain, servers with IPv6 support may often prefer it instead of IPv4. This may make it seem like the dedicated IP is not being used. To avoid this, force the use of IPv4 on connections to other servers, for example:
- Use the target server's IPv4 address as the host.
- In PHP cURL specify via
setoptforce use of IPv4 for an active session:
curl_setopt($connection, CURLOPT_IPRESOLVE, CURL_IPRESOLVE_V4);
- PHP functions using socket context options (e.g.
file_get_contents), explicitly specify the IP address for the outgoing connection:
$opts = array( 'socket' => array( 'bindto' => 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0', ), ); $context = stream_context_create($opts); echo file_get_contents('https://example.com/', false, $context);
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxspecify the required IP available for the site instead of
https://example.com/— the address of the target resource. Use as port
0— so it will be substituted automatically.