18.104.22.168. Site error logs (Error-log)
Site error logs (Error—log) are logs that contain information when a warning (warning) or error (error) is triggered during the operation of the selected web server or PHP. They are in the section «Hosting → My sites → Site error logs»:
Date and filters
- Logs are only stored for the current and 4 previous months, and only for those days when there were requests to the sites. Older logs are not kept.
- Current date on the calendar always available, regardless of whether there are entries in the log or not.
- If there is no log for yesterday in the calendar, then logs for this day still being processed and will become available later (usually closer to the second half of the day).
Calendar. Designed to select the day for which the log will be displayed. On the calendar:
- Lightgreen the days for which logs are available are marked.
- Darkgreen marked the day for which the log is displayed.
- Red frame the current date is marked.
Time filter. Allows you to view the log not for the whole day, but for the selected time period.
Search. Allows you to filter requests by the presence of certain text in them.
Download. Download buttons:
- «Download per day» — downloads the log for the date selected in the calendar.
- «Download for month» – downloads the log for the month to which the date selected in the calendar belongs. Attention! The log for the current month includes only the days that have passed (that is, all days since the beginning of the month, except the current).
Web server error logs
Error logs of each web server - Apache, OpenLiteSpeed and PHP-FPM are displayed on separate tabs. By default, the tab of the web server that is currently selected in site settings.
In most cases, you can be guided by the following simple principle: if a 50x error starts to appear on a site or its individual pages, first of all, you should check its error log in our control panel:
- If in the log there is error information, it is worth comparing the time of occurrence of errors on the site with the time of entries in the error log. It is highly likely that the cause of the error will be described in the same lines and it is worth starting from it in the solution.
- If the error log empty, then it is most likely that the 50x response code is generated directly by the scripts of the site itself. In this case, you should study the logs of the site engine (or, for starters, how to enable them) or seek help from the site developer or specialized specialists.
PHP error log
- Errors are saved in the log only if the site was logging is configured by means of hosting.
- The time in the log is saved in the time zone set in PHP settings (parameter
date.timezone). Consider this when viewing the log.
- «Time» — date and time of the error.
- «Error» — error text written to the log. Most often, the error text has a format that indicates the type and cause of the error, the file and the line in which it occurred. The error format can be completely different, depending on the classification and other factors, but most often it includes the following:
TYPE— error classification.
ERROR— error text.
PATH— path to the file in which the error occurred.
on line XX— the line in the file where the error occurred.