184.108.40.206. Setting up HTTPS in Joomla!
- Enable SSL support in the admin panel of the site itself:
- Openup Adminpanel site.
- Go to section "System → General settings" ("System → Global Configuration").
- Switch to tab "Server" ("Server").
- Against "Enable SSL" ("Force HTTPS") select "Whole site" ("Entire Site").
- Save changes by clicking "Save" ("Save") or "Save and close" ("Save & Close") in the upper left corner of the page.
- Openup config file and find the line with the parameter
public $live_site = 'http://example.com/';
Replace the HTTP address specified in it with HTTPS so that it looks like this:
public $live_site = 'https://example.com/';
Leave the line unchanged if the site address is not specified:
public $live_site = '';
- Turnon redirect to HTTPS.
- Check the site is working.
In most cases, the described actions are enough for the site to work over HTTPS.