184.108.40.206. Installing Joomla!
- Download from official site an archive with the distribution kit of the latest version of Joomla! on your PC.
- Place the distribution files on the hosting:
- Edit the file
- Find the following line in it:
- Replace it with this:
- Prepare the database:
- Open the site in a browser.
- Step 1: Site configuration. Select the language, enter the site name and administrator information (they will be used to access site admin panels).
- Step 2: DB configuration:
- Specify the settings for connecting to the database:
- "Database type" - leave "MySQLi".
- "Database server name" - instead of
localhostindicate host (server) address databases.
- "Username" — specify Username (login) Database.
- "Password" — specify user password Database.
- "Database name" — specify title Database.
- "Table prefix" — leave the automatically generated one or specify any other at your discretion.
- "Actions with existing tables" - if you are connecting to an empty database, the value of this option is irrelevant.
- Clickon "Next" and you will see an error about the need to confirm ownership of the site.
- Verify Site Ownership:
- Open a subdirectory
- Delete the empty text file automatically generated by Joomla! (the file name will be indicated in the error text).
- Re-enter the password for the database user and click "Next".
- Step 3: Overview. Specify whether you want to install demo data and send the site configuration to the administrator's mail, and complete the installation.
- Remove subdirectory
installationof site root directory.
- Check the site is working.