3.6.3. Connect domain to Google Sites
Use presets from the group "Google → Google Sites".
- In Google Sites, you can link subdomain only, main domain, of the form
example.comcannot be tied.
- The domain must be served on our NS... If the domain is served on third-party NS, the actions need to be performed not with us, but in the panel of their owner.
Instructions from Google available here.
- Confirm domain ownership in Google Sites.
- Add record with the following data:
- "Subdomain" — insert the name of the subdomain (for an address like
www.example.comin this field you should specify
- "Type" — select "CNAME".
- "Data" — insert target address
- Wait for the update DNS cache systems DNS... This usually takes several hours (maximum 24).
Additionally, you can configure the site to work at the main address (without www) by redirecting requests to the site from www.
To set up a redirect enable straight webredirect and in the field "URL for address" enter your site address with www.
As a result, there will be the following scheme of site availability:
- When accessing the address from www via HTTPS — the site will be opened directly from the Google server (this is the main mode of operation).
- When accessing an address from www via HTTP, a redirect to an address from www via HTTPS will be performed.
- When accessing an address without www via HTTP and HTTPS, a web redirect will be performed to the address from www via HTTP or HTTPS (depending on how the target address is specified in the web redirect settings).
For example, if you will be adding a CNAME record for the www subdomain and you already have a TXT record for the www subdomain, then this TXT record must be deleted, otherwise you will not be able to add a CNAME record.